Secret sauce for top 100 Universities: what do we learn (part 1)

Ref: https://www.senate.mahidol.ac.th/index.html



















- In reality, I still observe that young investigators have many documents to deal with. The ecosystem to facilitate research productivity requires a lot of improvement. I am in an academic position but was previously evaluated by supportive staff. My performance is now being evaluated by two support and one academic staff members. I'm unsure if these two support staff members know how to create a conducive environment for research, especially how to facilitate the researcher's ability to produce one paper per year. Once, I used to attend the meeting where we all had to oversee whether the report was misspelled. It was totally nonsense in my opinion, and I proposed reducing this kind of meeting. Academic and support personnel have diverse perspectives on the larger context of research policy. There is no clear vision in each unit, and there are no statistical reports on the academic activities. There was no in-depth analysis of skills for each staff member to support research productivity.

- I am not quite sure whether it will be applied. As of now, I have heard that some departments or research groups tend to not hire pregnant women as it could slow down the research productivity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Useful links (updated: 2024-04-26)

Genome editing technology short note

SUSA Thailand - Sustainable University? (update 2023-06-23)